Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hong Kong Once More

Hong Kong is probably my most visited place abroad in the past couple of years. You'd think these visits would wear me out but I always manage to discover something new every time I go. Here I've compiled some of the highlights of my HK trips and the things I would like but have yet to experience:


1. Ocean Park – I enjoyed the cable car ride
2. Disneyland – I particularly liked the 3D show, Winnie the Pooh, River Adventure, Lion King, Golden Mickeys, and, of course, the fireworks



3. Victoria Peak and The Peak Tram – Try The Peak resto at least once for its charming ambience



4. Madame Tussaud's - At least once, especially if you can't go to London for the original museum.
5. Avenue of the Stars – A nice walk and a splendid view of HK island



6. Symphony of Lights – This is best viewed at the viewing deck on Ocean Terminal but it's something you can skip
7. Lan Kwai Fong – the food alley nearby serves superb ethnic food. I particularly liked the Thai-Vietnamese offerings of Bon Appetit (no, it's not a French resto)
8. Mongkok market - I'm not big on tiangge shopping but, if you are, this is the place to go



9. Maxim’s Palace's crispy fried chicken and dim sum - It's a 10-minute (15 if you don't know your way) walk from the MTR's Central station. The crisp chicken skin was worth it. A little pricey, however.



10. Ferry ride - the best view is approaching HK island.



11. Open-topped double-decker bus - The kids love this, especially if you do at night when all the lights are on.
12. Ruth’s Chris steak - Why not, especially if it's your birthday.
13. Makumba bar - For a bit of dancing, jamming, African culture in HK island.
14. Science Museum - A must, especially if you have kids with you

Things I'd like to do next time:
1. Go to Stanley market
2. Go to Soho
3. Ride a Chinese junk
4. Celebrate full moon at the beach with the Pinoy tambolistas

No comments:

Post a Comment